Sweet potato waffles combine warm fall spices and sweet potatoes for the perfect balance of moisture, spice, and sweetness. What a great way to incorporate oats, quinoa, and sweet potatoes into a balanced and delicious breakfast. It’s also perfect for using up those leftover sweet potatoes! We love to use this batter for pancakes too!!
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
Yield 4 servings
• ½ cup uncooked quinoa
• 1 cups oats
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 ½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
• 1 ½ cups plant-based milk
• 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the waffle iron until the ready light appears. It’s a good idea to continue heating the waffle iron after the ready light appears because a very hot waffle iron prevents sticking.
2. Place the quinoa and oats into a blender and process on high until the mixture resembles flour. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined. You may need to stop the blender and scrape down the sides to incorporate all the flour.
3. Pour the batter onto the heated waffle iron and cook for 10-12 minutes. Do not attempt to open the waffle iron before 10 minutes as this may cause the waffles to separate and stick. The trick is patience! When 10 minutes is up and there is no steam escaping from the waffle iron, slowly lift the lid. If any separation is occurring, quickly close the lid and give it another minute or two. Waffles will not stick if you cook them until they are crispy on the outside, so adding extra cook time is an important last step. Serve with a fruit sauce, maple syrup, or fresh fruit.
Post Attribution: https://www.plantpurenation.com/blogs/recipes/sweet-potato-waffles-and-pancakes-gluten-free
by by Kim Campbell March 26, 2020
The PlantPure Communities (PPC) Pod Network emerged out of the 2015 film PlantPure Nation with the goal of creating and supporting a grassroots movement by empowering a network of independent local groups (Pods) and people to promote the benefits of a whole food, plant-based lifestyle. In November 2016, the Pod Network was transferred from PlantPure, Inc. to being under the umbrella of the nonprofit, PlantPure Communities. Download this flyer about the Pod Network to share with others and get involved today!
A cornerstone of the Pod Network is inclusiveness. People from all walks of life and at different stages in their wellness or plant-based journey have an open invitation to become a participant in the Pod Network at any time. To date, there are close to 500 groups across the globe with tens of thousands of people involved in the Pod Network. Participation is free, and offers support and networking opportunities to everyone interested in learning, incorporating, advocating and practicing a whole food, plant-based lifestyle.
Anyone can utilize the Pod website by registering on the site. As part of the registration, a personal account is automatically created. Each Pod has its own page on the Pod website that the Group Leader administers. (Please note that not all Pods choose to use the Pod website to interact. For some, the site is simply a doorway which guides people to their Facebook or Meetup group page.) We encourage you to get involved with PlantPure Communities and the Pod Network!
We invite you to join a Pod in your neighborhood, become a Group Leader and start a Pod, or register your existing group in the Pod Network. Gain support and support others by engaging with PlantPure Communities and the Pod website – and let’s support each other in our journey to improved health for ourselves, our family and friends, and our communities. WELCOME!!
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A POD?
People join Pods to support one another and work together to spread the message of plant-based nutrition in their communities, as well as have fun and build friendships. Pod members may choose to educate others in their community on the connections of a plant-based lifestyle to our health, the environment, farming, animal welfare, and food and health inequities. The Pod Network enables people and organizations that have worked separately in the past to come together around the unifying idea of plant-based nutrition. Pods can use the PlantPure Nation film, community-building online tools and events, and other resources in their outreach efforts.
#lasvegasplantbased #vegan #plantbasedfoods
Join our FB Group: https://bit.ly/PlantpureLVFB